Our vision is an advanced civil society with citizens realizing their responsibility for societal development and environmental issues. A society with citizens who are interested in participating in public policy, have courage to adopt a critical stance and care about avoiding detriment to future generations.
The Ekopolis Foundation has been managing open grant programs focused on democracy and nature conservation for 26 years to date. Since 1991, we have supported 3 108 projects in the total amount of 19,4 Mil. EUR. In 2017, we awarded 40 grants in the total amount of over 85 thousands EUR.
We offer innovative programs, ideas and open up-todate issues. Open grant programs, in which projects win support in an open competition, are our main tool.
We were the first Slovak foundation that has started to build its own long-term assets (endowment) systematically and elaborated a policy on conflict of interest. The foundation endeavors to become a stable and transparent financial source for active citizens and as well as a reliable partner of municipalities, public administration, business partners and foreign donors.
Our Programmes and Projects in 2018
- Active Citizens Fund
- Cyclists Welcome!
- ENVI education of young people / Slovenská sporiteľňa Foundation
- For Water competition – Nestlé Slovensko, a.s.
- Green Belt Program – Slovnaft, a.s.
- Greenways (www.greenways.sk)
- Let’s bike
- Living trails
- Programme of development of the Roma communities
- Project MOVECIT / Interreg CENTRAL EUROPE
- Project Protection of biodiversity in Veolia Slovakia areas / Veolia
- Tatra Fund
- Trees instead the leaflets – Metro Cash & Carry SR, s.r.o.
- Tree of the Year inquiry – Slovenská sporiteľňa Foundation, Dajama publishing house, Artforum – bookshop, A.B.I.E.S gardening, ISA Slovensko
- Trixi mobil
The Ekopolis Foundation is a member of the international association Environmental Partnership Associationjoining foundations in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
The foundation is a member of the European Greenways Association that is devoted to the environmentally friendly traffic development in Europe.
Since May 2010 we are the member of European Cyclists Federation (http://www.ecf.com/).